Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice is a great book. Reading it made me really happy. That may be because I know the story so well. Though I've only read the book once before, I've seen the movie tons of times. The one with Keira Knightley. I adore the cinematography, especially in the party scenes. So I knew exactly what was coming at each turn.

But this time through, I gained a better appreciation of Darcy's evolving feelings for Elizabeth. I hadn't really picked up on it in my first read, but the way he starts to fall from her almost from the beginning is well-executed. Of course, if he'd begun to fall for her from the beginning, they could have saved a whole lot of confusion. But then there wouldn't be a book.

Really, this is a classic for a reason. Jane Austen is a master of the romantic comedy. You know the characters will all get a happy ending; it's just a matter of watching them get there. And that journey is a lot of fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel