Proven Guilty

After half-starting a half dozen books in July, I finally decided that I needed to just give my brain a break. No more dense plots or complicated characters. Just some good old-fashioned magical adventures. Harry Dresden was just the thing to pull me out of my summer slump.

Like the other books in The Dresden Files, Proven Guilty is a quick, easy read. Some demon is taking the form of movie monsters at a horror convention and feeding off the fear and panic of the convention-goers. Dresden has to figure out who it is before anyone else dies. Along the way he reconnects with his old mentor and picks up an apprentice of his own.

The war with the vampires remains stubbornly in the background, and I've just about given up hope that it will be addressed before the final installment in the series. But there are interesting goings-on with the fairies in the meantime that will have to sate me. And I'm pretty excited about Harry's new apprentice, who should have a decently large role in the coming books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel