Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, and Other Things That Happened

You already know whether or not you'll enjoy this book. If you've been reading Allie Brosh's blog for the past several years like I have, then buying her new book is really a no-brainer. And if you've never heard of Allie Brosh or Hyperbole and a Half, then you need to fix that right now. Go read about The Alot, which I believe was my introduction to her genius.

The book is nearly 300 pages of stories in Brosh's unique style. It's color-coded, so you can easily flip to a particular story and it looks really cool on your shelf. I may actually have to display it with the binding towards the wall. Assuming it ever makes it off my coffee table, that it.

While there are a few classics included in this compilation (like The God of Cake and This is Why I'll Never Be an Adult), it's mostly new material. Material that you will speed through and then return to over and over again. This is one of those books that I may have to buy and electronic copy of just so I can carry it with me everywhere I go.

But seriously, you should read this book. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll realize you're not alone, and you'll marvel at Allie's artwork. I know her drawings are crude, but she does them in MS Paint with a trackpad, which is more than you can do. I know some people who can barely navigate their desktops with their trackpads, let alone create art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel