Sin City: Booze, Broads, and Bullets

Unlike the other volumes in the Sin City series, the sixth one, Booze, Broads, and Bullets, is a collection of one-offs rather than a single arc. Each story is about 20 pages long, and this made it a lot easier to get through than most of the other books.

There were a few stories in here that I actually really liked. There was an awesome female assassin who appeared in two, first becoming initiated and then going on a job. There was an actual story about the Old Town Ladies seeking revenge that didn't have a single man in it, except the creep they were killing. There were a couple of great stories starring Marv, who has strangely found a place in my heart. I like Marv. He might be my favorite character in this entire mess of a series.

There were other stories that were less interesting, but at least they were over fast.

Next up, the final volume in the series. It's been sitting on my shelf for years, but I've never worked up to actually reading it. That changes this weekend.

And after all this, I probably won't end up seeing the new Sin City movie after all. Knowing what I do now I can't justify spending the money. I'll catch it when it hits Netflix.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel