The Time Machine

This is the sort of book I consider a homework book. It's not really something I would seek out on it's own. But it's a classic of the genre, so I felt like I ought to read it. If only so I could pick up on references in contemporary works and see where some of the time travel tropes got their start.

The thing is, I saw the movie based on this book when I was a kid. Somehow it imprinted on me, because while I was reading the book, I could clearly visualize the scenes from the movie. And it's a good thing, because the book it short on the detail. It's also short on character development. In fact, at less then a hundred pages, it's just short. But it was still surprisingly difficult to get through.

The problem is that this is a cool concept and not much else. The plot is barely there. The characters don't even have names. Add in old language that feels stilted now, and it was a chore. I should have just stuck with the movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel