Why Not Me?

Mindy Kaling's second book of essays is just as light and smart and quick and fun as her first book. This one focuses more on her adult life, and particularly on her time working on The Mindy Project.

Kaling talks about work and her attitude towards working hard (which I deeply disagree with, but I'm also not as successful or driven as she is). She talks about dating and fashion and not being traditionally thin, especially by Hollywood standards. And she does it all with her trademark humor.

I'm not sure I would ever want to be friends with Kaling. She's a very intense person, and it would be a lot for me to handle in person. But she's exactly the kind of person whose work I enjoy, and who I'm confident will continue to produce funny things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel