Rocket Fuel

To celebrate their tenth anniversary, Tor.com released an e-book collection of selected essays from the past ten years. I like tor.com, and the book was free, and I needed something new for my phone, so I downloaded it.

I'd already read about half of these essays, but I was happy to read them again. They celebrate science fiction and fantasy. Most of them celebrate specific things about specific works. For the most part, the essays were fun and quick to read, and a lot of them gave me a new perspective on something I don't think about all the time.

I did skip two of the essays. There was a long one about Galadriel that just didn't interest me. If I cared that much about Tolkien's elves, I would have managed to read The Silmarillion by now. And I skipped one about The Raven Cycle. It was basically a love letter to the series, and it looked like it was going to be spoiler-heavy. Since I'm hoping to read that series sooner rather than later (although let's be honest, it'll probably be at least a year), I opted to skip that essay for now and come back to it later.

There was nothing all that earth-shattering here, and all of the essays are still available for free on tor.com. But it was nice to have a cherry-picked selection gathered together and made easy to read. Especially since it was free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel