The Glass Town Game

I suppose you can love an author without necessarily loving all of their books. Even though Radiance changed my world and Palimpsest still has me thinking hard. Even though the Fairyland series will always have a special place in my heart. This book just didn't do it for me.

I might have liked it better if I were more familiar with the Brontes and their work. Or maybe my expectations were just too high, or too different from what I got.

It's not that this is a bad book. It's just not really the book I was expecting. It follows the four Bronte siblings on an adventure to a magical land. One that they've created while playing with their toys. And it occupies a strange place of being an adventure for children and being chock full of the kind of Bronte trivia that requires some serious study. A series of trips to Wikipedia really only left me with the feeling that I was missing a lot.

So. Not my favorite. But there are still plenty of other books by Valente that caught my eye. On to the next one. As soon as I can decide which one that is. (It might just be another re-read of Radiance.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel