Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord

It won't be long before I've read everything Sarah MacLean has ever written. All but two of her books are sitting on my shelf waiting for me to get around to them. I've read enough of them now that I'm starting to recognize characters across the different books, which only makes me want to read more. I need to hear the stories of all these amazing women and how they found the loves of their lives.

MacLean's second book focuses on Isabel, the destitute daughter of a deceased Earl who's trying her best to keep the estate running until her younger brother comes of age and can take a stab at a fresh start. She's proud and self-sufficient and definitely doesn't need to be rescued. (Except maybe financially.) When she crosses paths with Lord Nicholas, who has recently been named a "Lord to Land" in a popular magazine and is fleeing London until his infamy passes, sparks fly almost immediately.

Isabel is an absolute delight, and I loved everything about her. Nick was just a bit on the dark side. Just enough to be exciting but not dangerous. The two of them have fantastic chemistry, meaning that sparks fly early and often, which is a big plus for me. There's also a secondary romance between Nick's best friend and Isabel's cousin, that gave both the leads someone to talk with about all their messy emotions.

This book was a lot of fun, and I'm incredibly eager to get to the books about the other characters, including Nick's sister and Isabel's governess. Luckily I already own both of those. The only bummer is that some day I'll run out of Sarah MacLean books. But then I'll have time for other authors, so maybe that isn't such a bummer after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel