The Governess Game

This is the second book by Tessa Dare that I've read and the second one that I've absolutely loved. It follows Alex, who takes work as a governess for Chase's two young wards. Naturally, sparks fly.

What I liked most about this book was Alex's confidence. She knows what she wants, she has a strong sense of what's right and wrong, and she never really wavers from that. While Chase is slowly putting himself together and learning how to be vulnerable again, she just keeps seeing new layers to him that make her fall more in love. Their banter is fantastic, and the two kids are pretty great, too.

I also really like Alex's friends - the same core group form The Duchess Deal. I expect they'll each get their own book eventually, and I'm looking forward to reading more about the two remaining women in the group.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel