Club Dead

In which...
  • Eric cuddles with Sookie
  • We meet Alcide
  • Sookie and Alcide have breakfast and play scrabble. There's sexual tension, but no sex
  • Sookie and Alcide dispose of a corpse together
  • Alcide's ex-girlfriend tries to kill Sookie
  • Sookie gets staked
  • Eric is hot
  • Sookie and Eric have friendship and sexual tension. They almost have sex but Elvis Bubba interrupts them
  • Seriously, why isn't Bubba in True Blood? He's awesome
  • Sookie stakes her first vampire
  • Sookie rescues Bill from torture and imprisonment
  • In return, Bill rapes and nearly kills Sookie
  • Eric saves Sookie (again)
  • Sookie and Bill break up!
  • Eric pays to have Sookie's driveway re-graveled, because he's thoughtful like that
Man I am so glad that relationship is over. I know I'm biased, but this is my blog. I can be whatever I want. Once again, this book is a lot of fun. True Blood takes this story to the extremes of ridiculous. But it basically boils down to a bunch of hot guys who want to have sex with Sookie. And that always leads to good times.

Honestly these books are all just light and fluffy. The title of this one kind of bugs me. It feels like a reference I don't quite get. Sookie's love of large words gets explained by her word-a-day calendar. Every now and then a word that doesn't quite fit gets dropped in and Sookie mentions that she just learned it that day. It's an interesting technique.

The timeline in the books is also a bit more leisurely than in the television series. The first book takes place in early summer, the second late summer/early fall, and the third in mid December. Meanwhile, in True Blood, Arlene discovers halfway through the third season that she's pregnant with the child of a man who died in the first season. Everything is so condensed on the TV show. It makes Bill's proposal to Sookie (at the end of season 2) seem much more premature. They've known each other for a month or two at that point.

On to the next book. The fourth book may be my favorite, thanks to all the time we get to spend with Eric. Also the shower scene. I hope the shower scene shows up in True Blood this season. I doubt it will, but I can hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel