The Illustrated Man

I bought this book back in June, but I've been waiting until it was properly fall to read it. I was hoping for a good foggy, chilly day on which I could be spooked. The weather never cooperated with me, though. It mostly stayed warm and sunny. With my stack running low, I ended up settling for a dark and stormy night instead. In the end I suppose that's just as a good.

The Illustrated Man is a collection of short stories. Most of them are spooky and set in the future where space travel is possible and nearly common place. One or two fell a bit flat for me, but for the most part they were really good. I was even able to suspend my disbelief and accept that Venus is basically a jungle planet. Talk about an old theory.

Most of the stories were a lot of fun, though. It was a great book to get me in the mood for Halloween.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel