Ms. Marvel: Final Days

Ms. Marvel continues to be a perfectly executed coming-of-age story. In this volume, Kamala finally has to confront the people in her life. She comes clean to her mom about her dual identity and she confronts the feelings between her and her friend Bruno. She also teams up with Captain Marvel to save her brother from her ex-crush. And it's all set against a backdrop of the end of the world, which gives Kamala the motivation to get a lot of this off of her chest while also providing a neat metaphor for the end of childhood.

This was a pretty satisfying end, at least to Ms. Marvel's first main arch. And I think it is an end. Marvel recently revamped their entire universe. There is a Ms. Marvel Volume 5 available for pre-order on Amazon, but it starts back over at issue 1, which has me wondering how much of a reset we're looking at.

Which is to say, that I'm not sure yet whether or not I'll continue with Ms. Marvel. I'll have to wait and see where the story picks up. But these four volumes have been lovely, and I'm so glad I jumped in when I did. The story is exciting and compassionate and perfect. I hope Kamala goes far and continues to stick around for a long time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel