The Sharing Knife: Horizon

By the time I got to the fourth and final Sharing Knife book, I was used to the slow, meandering pace of these books. I was happy to just hang out in this world with these characters for a couple hundred pages until the excitement started. Bujold has created a fascinating world and populated it with a wealth of nice, interesting characters who I enjoyed spending time with.

If there's a fault with this book (and series really), it's that Bujold can't quite bring herself to let anything all that bad happen to her characters. There's certainly something to be said for that. It's nice to read a book where you know everyone will be safe. Though it does drain a lot of suspense out of the action scenes.

This is all to say that it took a while for this story to grow on me. It's slow and not much happens, which is different from a lot of stories you get. But I did end up coming around, and I ended up really liking this book and series. I can definitely see myself returning to this series asa comfort read in the future. Sometimes you just want to hang out with good people who try their best and who are definitely getting a happy ending.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel