The Drawing of Three

On some level, whatever I read after Three Parts Dead was going to suffer by comparison. That book was so perfect for me that it was unlikely I would like the next one as much. But I don't think that's the only reason that I was lukewarm on this book.

This book, the second in King's The Dark Tower series was fine. Parts of it were exciting. Parts were interesting. But overall I feel like I just didn't get it. I spent a lot of it wondering what the point was, and I never really warmed up to any of the characters.

I bought the next two books in the series, and I'll probably get around to reading them. But I'm not particularly excited about them, and I don't really see myself finishing this series at this point. A lot of people love it, and I expected to have stronger feelings after two book. I think maybe this one just isn't for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel