The Wallflower Wager

This book was a ton of fun. I loved the couple, especially Lady Penelope and her huge, caring heart. The two leads went from frustration to attraction a tad to quickly to be really believable, and Penelope overcame a metric ton of trauma without any outside help or support. But I don't read these books for the realism. I read them for the happy, in-love couple and the crackling chemistry and the sizzling sex scenes. And there were plenty of those.

I actually prefer it when the couple gets together earlier. Slow burns are definitely enjoyable, but I like being able to actually watch the couple be happy together for a while on the page. And this book definitely had that. The issues keeping them apart were almost non-existent and easily dealt with. It was more just a matter of these two finding their way to each other and then letting themselves be happy. Which they both very much wanted to do.

I'm excited for the last book in this series now. It's a lot of fun to follow a group of characters over several books and watch them slowly pair off. Especially because the happy couples keep showing up again in later books. Which is one of my favorite parts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel