A Small Fiction

Sometimes you need something to jump start you back in to reading. After the doctors told us that we needed to prepare for the fact that my husband might not make it, it was hard to do pretty much anything. Reading, working, even eating became monumental tasks, and it was all I could do to take care of my kids. But then my mother in law mentioned that she'd bought this book to read to my husband in hospice, and I decided to check it out. Before I even knew it, I was halfway through.

It helps that the stories in this book were incredibly short. Three or four lines each. Maybe 20 words on average. I inhaled them, and I kept flipping pages, because it was just so easy to keep reading one more. There's a variety of genres here: fantasy, sci-fi, horror, comedy. A lot of them were good. A few cut a bit too close to the bone. But overall, this collection was exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel