Hurts to Love You

This is the book I was reading when I got the call that my husband was probably going to die. I'd been expecting to finish it that afternoon. But my life came off the rails, and it ended up taking another week to finish. I'm sure my mental state affected my enjoyment of this book, especially since the imminent death of my husband cast a pall on the romance genre in general. But I did finish it, and I even mostly enjoyed it.

This was the last book in Rai's Forbidden Hearts series, which was more serial than I'm used to from romances. I appreciated that there were secrets and mysteries from the first two books that were finally tied up here. It gave me more of a reason to keep pushing through this book, since I was less a fan of the main couple. But that's mostly because of my own aversion to May/December romances than anything about these particular characters.

I'm really looking forward to reading more of Rai's work. The heroine of the next book, The Right Swipe, was introduced in this one. So even though it's a new series, I'm excited about that bit of continuity. And I'm hoping that one of the side characters from this series eventually gets her own book because I'd like to read more about her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel