The Angry Tide

The Poldark series remains a lovely form of escapism. I'm far enough into this series that I care deeply about (almost) all of the characters. Graham's prose is comfortable and comforting to sink back in to. And I'm invested in seeing what happens.
 
So this book has Drake and Morwenna finally (finally!) getting together, which is huge. I've been waiting for that forever.
 
But it also has us saying goodbye to Elizabeth. She was an increasingly complicated woman, and my feelings about her waxed and waned. Sometimes I was really rooting for her and other times and I hated her choices. But I was fascinated by her throughout the series, and I'm sad to see her go. It didn't help that her death scene was particularly difficult to read, seeing as I was sitting at my own husband's deathbed at the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel