Ms Marvel: Generation Why?

The thing I love most about Ms. Marvel is that it takes a very common story and does it really well. There's nothing that unique about the bones of this arc. It's a fairly classic hero's journey mixed up with with a coming of age story. We've seen it time and time again. But this story hits each beat perfectly, and all the little details get a chance to really shine.

The second volume is comprised of a 2-issue arc and a 4-issue arc, which are connected by the main bad guy. The Inventor is revealed at the end of the first volume, and now it's time for Kamala Khan to take him down. Along the way she meets up with Wolverine. When she's not fangirling all over him, she's busy saving both his ass and hers. Then the Inhumans send her a teleporting dog to help her out and she gets busy inspiring everyone to team up and take out the Inventor. She goes from wanting to do it herself, to realizing she can't and building a team to help her.

The arc is starting to intersect with the wider Marvel Universe, as well, which I know just enough about to keep me from getting lost. I got a little confused, but since I was on the same page as Kamala, I trusted the story to fill me in on the pertinent details. Which it did.

With the Inventor behind bars and Kamala getting to know a wider world, I'm excited to see what the next volume has in store for her. The first adventure was fantastic, and I'm ready for more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel