Fear: Trump in the White House

This book was rough to read. And it's rough to revisit now and talk about. Which is probably why I've been putting this off for so long.

Like Fire and Fury, this book dives deep into the Trump administration. Woodward interviewed countless people to get a sense of everything that's going on in the White House. Unlike that book, Woodward tries hard to remain neutral. More facts and less salacious gossip-mongering. Of course, with this administration, things still get horrific and I had to pick my jaw up off the floor a number of times.

I think I'm glad I read it. If nothing else it's good to be reminded of the myriad things I should be paying attention to but that keep slipping off the radar. As I saw someone say on the internet today "this is less a 24-hour news cycle and more like that episode of Battlestar Gallactica where the cylons keep showing up every 33 minutes". Fatigue sets in, and it's hard to keep all the details straight. Recaps like this book help me keep everything in context.

Of course they're also terrifying and incredibly difficult to read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel