The Rogue Hunter

I've read a lot of contemporary and historical romance, and October seemed like a good month to dive into paranormal romance. Especially since I saw a trio of vampire romance novels at the library book sale. I'm a sucker for vampires, so I was excited to see how they combine with romance.

Unfortunately, I wasn't really a fan of this book. With any vampire story you have to accept the author's own particular twist on the lore, and I couldn't quite get there with this book. The romance relied a bit too much on fate and destiny for me to believe that these two people actually loved each other. And it didn't help that she didn't find out he was a vampire until the very end of the book. I want my heroines going in to their vampiric romances with eyes wide open.

I ended up way more interested in the side plots than the main romance. Which was a shame because they both ended up fizzling out and not being that interesting in the end. Maybe I'll check out the rest of the trilogy. Enough people love Lynsay Sands that it feels premature to judge her on a single book. But I also have a ton of books on my shelf at the moment, and these are no longer a high priority.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel