Jeremy Poldark

This is the third book in the Poldark series, which I'm warming up to. I find myself caring more and more about the characters, wanting things to go well for Demelza and Ross for once, wondering what will happen to Warleggan, hoping that the new mining venture will succeed.

But, man, he needs to work on a better naming scheme. Jeremy didn't arrive until the last six pages of the book (though I suppose Demelza's pregnancy was confirmed halfway through).

I know some of what's coming in the next few books, and I'm not sure really sure how it will go. I'm bracing myself for a few things and wondering how or if certain characters will be redeemed. But like I said, I care about the characters now. I'm committed, at least for the next book. Maybe Dwight Enys will finally fall in love with a woman he can be with.

Mostly, though, I just want good things for Demelza, who really deserves everything Ross can give her and more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel