Wrong to Need You

Sometimes you find a book at exactly the right time. In the wake of my husband being admitted to the hospital, I reached for a romance novel. I needed something light and cheery to escape in to. This certainly didn't let me down on the fluff or the happy ending. It did hit a lot closer to home than I was expecting it to, though, and I ended up crying a whole lot. In a good, cathartic way.

See, the heroine of this one, Sadia, is a single mom. I'm lucky enough not to have her money woes, but I do have her hectic schedule. Her all-consuming worry about her kid, her need to drop everything when her kid is sick and her inability to actually do that, her simple pleasure in just snuggling up with her kid to watch a movie. I plan everything down to the last minute, just like she does. I do my best to snatch time for myself whenever I can, and I've trained myself to recharge off of 10 or 20 minutes of me time, because that's all I can put together.

And then one thing goes wrong and it feels like everything is going to come tumbling down, and that's when you need a partner, someone, to help you pick up the pieces and assure you that it isn't the end of the world.

Anyway, this book was exactly what I needed to read at the exact moment I needed to read it. Alisha Rai is a master of balancing the steamy scenes with the more heartfelt ones, and I'm going to need to read every book she's written. Lucky me, she just released another one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel