Mexican Gothic

I read Silvia Moreno-Garcia's first book, Signal to Noise, years ago and loved it. She's been releasing new books steadily since then, with a slowly growing profile. I kept meaning to pick up another of her books, which are always interesting Mexican twists on western classics. Then Mexican Gothic came out to huge acclaim and everyone everywhere was excited about it.

I actually got a bit lucky, getting it as early as I did. After my husband passed, a friend signed me up for The Bloggess's book club. She sends out a new book every month, and I was just under the wire to receive this one. It was a wonderful surprise in a not-so-great year.

This book was fantastic. So good that I ended up staying up way too late to finish it. It was smart and creepy and it renewed my desire to read everything Moreno-Garcia has ever written. She's a fantastic author who keeps getting better, and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel