The Raven Boys

I've been hearing about this series of books for years. It's not widely known, but those who read it always seem to love it wholly. I had to see for myself what could cause such deep devotion. Still, I wasn't quite prepared for this book to grab my heart the way it did.

The story follows four boys who attend a local private high school and the girl who finds herself hanging out with them despite her better judgement. They're looking for the grave of a long-dead king. Legend says that whoever finds it gets a wish granted. But that's not the only reason they're looking.

These children are all damaged in one way or another and this quest helps to give their life meaning. It binds them together in a found family and gives them something to dream about, hope for, pursue in every free hour. I fell in love with them, and I can only hope that they all find what they're looking for by the end of the series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel