Tricks for Free

I'm starting to love Antimony almost as much as I love Verity. The two of them have more in common than they would ever admit, but Antimony isn't quite as experienced as Verity. She's competent, sure, but she's still learning how to gather and rely on her allies. It's fun to watch her put her team together, and become a force to be reckoned with.

Of course she still has a lot of growing up to do. She's quick to blame herself and thinks she needs to take sole responsibility for her mistakes. Which has left her pretty isolated. As she starts to build a found family around herself, I'm looking forward to her reconnecting with her family of origin. She just needs to figure out that she doesn't have to take on the world all by herself.

I also appreciate Antimony's books for their settings. Magic for Nothing had me eager to visit the carnival and Tricks for Free is making me want to visit Disneyland. My kids are still too young to appreciate it, but I'm really looking forward to taking them in a few years. Especially after seeing some of the behind the scenes stuff in this book.

The next book is about Antimony, too (three in a row!) and I can only hope that means that she'll finally find her way back to her family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel