100 Bullets: Split Second Chance

I was really excited to dive in to the second installment of Brian Azzarello's 100 Bullets series. As much as I enjoyed the first volume, I was told that the second one is the one that hooks most people. And I can definitely see why.

The first volume followed three disparate stories. The only thing they had in common was the mysterious Agent Graves. The second volume seems like it will follow this pattern - the first two issues definitely do. But then it pulls back and offers an initial glimpse behind the curtain.

This arc gives more information about Graves, his history, his associates, and this "game" he plays with the 100 bullets. Two secret agencies are introduced: the Trust and the Minutemen. There is some hinting that the Minutemen date back to the Revolutionary War, and I'm really excited to learn more about them.

The other big surprise was the return of Dizzy. After her initial story ended and the narrative moved on to a different character, I thought I'd seen the last of her. So I was really pleased when she appeared again. It looks like she's going to be something of a major character. I can't wait to see more from her.

This volume does a great job of widening the mystery and really hooking the reader. The conspiracy that Graves is a part of is bigger and more complicated than I'd imagined. I can't wait to learn more about who he is and why he does what he does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Crown of Swords

The People We Keep

Parable of the Sower: The Graphic Novel